Executive Assistant to the President
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Job Description – Development Associate
InterfaithFamily is the premier resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy and other program providers; and our InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
We are at a critical growth point, having taken the organization from $200,000 in 2002 to $2.5 million projected for 2014. We currently have a staff of 16 and offices in Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia
InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to the President to play a key role in the implementation of IFF’s annual strategic development plan. This new position is an opportunity to play a role in shaping the growth of a rapidly expanding organization that targets a growing and critically important segment of the Jewish community. We are seeking someone who is highly organized and collaborative, detail oriented, hands-on and who thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Analyze, develop, and implement a comprehensive research program to identify prospective donors and foundations;
- Collaborate with IFF President to create donor solicitation strategies and manage the stewardship of development prospects;
- Oversee database management functions, using CRM system to organize and track donors;
- Manage all donor correspondence, including campaign and solicitation materials, donation acknowledgment, and donor resource materials;
- Assist in board relations and communications
- Contribute to the organization’s operating and strategic goals through special projects as assigned, including some administrative support for senior executives.
- Monitors and maintains President’s calendar, including coordinating and scheduling meetings and travel.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree a plus; or a combination of education and experience;
- At least two years of experience working in a fast-paced corporate, community outreach, political, or professional environment and at least one year of experience working in development;
- Demonstrated commitment to nonprofit service and the organizational value of donor relationships;
- Ideal candidate would be highly diplomatic, with a strong work ethic, and the ability maintain strict confidentiality;
- Superior written and oral communication, presentation, and listening skills for working with multiple diverse audiences;
- Superior organizational skills, especially the ability to work independently and quickly, plan workflow, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Proven technology and database management skills with facility in using Internet, Microsoft Office Suite and donor management software (preferred);
- Ability to approach professional situations with creativity, resourcefulness, grace, and a sense of humor;
- Understanding of and commitment to InterfaithFamily’s mission
This is a full-time position, working in the Newton, MA office and reporting to IFF's President. InterfaithFamily offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health benefits and retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume, and writing sample (no calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.