InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking a Director of InterfaithFamily/Los Angeles (IFF/LA). The full-time Director will be responsible for growing and managing the activities of IFF/LA, including building relationships with members of interfaith families and those that want to reach them, and coordinating and providing a comprehensive set of interfaith engagement programs in Your Community.
The ideal candidate is ordained clergy who has experience working with interfaith couples and families, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and comfort working with or ability to learn a variety of technical tools including Microsoft Office, our customer relationship management system (CRM), the InterfaithFamily Network, and online learning systems. This position will report to the National Director of InterfaithFamily/Your Community.
Essential Job Duties
- Communicate and build relationships with members of interfaith families and those that want to reach them, such as educational providers, Jewish communal organizations and clergy, and recruit these constituencies to participate in workshops, classes and trainings.
- Develop partnerships and collaborative working arrangements with other Jewish community organizations that interact with our target audiences.
- Present/participate in community meetings, events, and other activities to build relationships with interfaith families and recruit for classes and workshops (including some nights and weekends).
- Work with local synagogues and organizations to build the momentum of Interfaith Family Shabbat and ensure future participation.
- Develop relationships with key Your Community stakeholders and the IFF Your Community Advisory Council; represent IFF/YC at area conferences and meetings; and provide reporting to funders, the IFF Your Community Advisory Council, and internally to IFF staff.
- Work closely to develop and offer programs in collaboration with program partners.
- Use Twitter, Facebook, and other social media channels to publicize/promote IFF/YC and the programs offered, as well as engage target audiences in discussions.
- Write bi-weekly blog posts.
- Recruit local Jewish organizations and professionals to list themselves and their events/programs on the IFF Network.
- Recruit local newsletter subscribers and develop relationships to ascertain their interests and needs.
Training and Facilitating
- Conduct inclusivity trainings for Jewish professionals, clergy, and lay leaders on how to be welcoming and supportive of people in interfaith families.
- Present information about being sensitive to the needs of interfaith families at meetings of other organizations.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate workshops for newly married or seriously dating interfaith couples about the role of religion in their lives.
- Facilitate IFF’s online classes, currently Raising a Child with Judaism in Your Interfaith Family and Preparing Your Interfaith Family for a Bar or Bat Mitzvah. Use online learning system to spur discussion and engagement by participants.
- Conduct adult education sessions that help interfaith couples/participants learn about living Jewishly.
- Coordinate and implement recruitment strategies for all workshops and classes.
Officiation Referral Service
- Provide a personal connection and response to inquiries from couples looking for Jewish clergy to officiate at their weddings and other life cycle events.
- Develop relationships with rabbis to list on our officiation referral service and on the IFF Network.
- Supervise the Project Manager of IFF/LA.
- Keep track of meetings and interactions using our customer relationship management (CRM) software. Provide information to the Project Manager to facilitate monthly reporting and tracking of goals. Manage all grant goals, deliverables, and deadlines for the IFF/LA initiative.
- Work closely with the National Director of InterfaithFamily/Your Community and the other Directors in our other IFF/YC locations.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BA/BS and MA/Rabbinical ordination required.
- Experience in the Jewish community working in or with Jewish organizations.
- Experience in marketing, communications and/or sales is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have a passion for the work and mission of InterfaithFamily
- Be creative in approaching relationship- and community-building; be a “connector”
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Be willing to pitch in, “get hands dirty” in small non-profit environment
- Be resourceful, flexible, persistent and persuasive
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Approachable manner and strong ability to engage with people.
- Comfort using and learning new technology
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and religion
This is a full time position, working in Los Angeles and reporting to IFF's Director of the InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative. InterfaithFamily offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health benefits and retirement savings plan.
InterfaithFamily is the premiere resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals, and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy, and other program providers; and our new InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.