Job Description: Director of Marketing and Communications
InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and oversee implementation of IFF’s marketing and communications strategy, building a comprehensive and powerful brand for the organization’s national resources and local (InterfaithFamily/Your Community) initiatives. This is an opportunity to play a major role in shaping the growth of a rapidly expanding organization that targets a growing and critically important segment of the Jewish community. We are seeking someone innovative, creative and hands-on who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop a robust marketing and communications strategy and implementation plan. The plan will encompass social media and digital marketing, email campaigns, traditional advertising and marketing activities, PR and other communication vehicles, including new social platforms, video and other multi-media tools, and will be designed and developed based on research conducted to understand IFF’s multiple constituencies
- Supervise execution of the implementation plan including social media and other marketing activities of all IFF staff
- Manage the IFF brand, including brand tracking research, brand sign-off process, and guidelines that maintain consistent messaging, tone of voice and visual identity across all communications from the national office and local IFF/Your Communities
- Supervise IFF’s search engine management with attention to optimization architecture, editorial policies, and advertising protocol
- Develop and manage copywriting, design, layout and production of all traditional and digital marketing collateral in collaboration with IFF’s Editorial Director
- Guide the marketing aspects of the design, development and upkeep of the IFF website, local IFF/Your Community pages, and email newsletters, as well as content syndication and partnerships in collaboration with the Editorial Director • Guide the marketing aspects of the organization’s advocacy work in collaboration with the President
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives, in order to optimize efficiencies for the organization as a whole
- Manage outside consultants and vendors as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- 7-10+ years working as a marketing and/or communications professional
- Experience with developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies • Strong social media and digital marketing skills and knowledge of social media and digital marketing trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including drafting marketing copy
- Ability to adjust to dynamically changing priorities and an ultra fast-paced start-up environment, manage multiple projects and resources with competing priorities and timelines, innovate and learn new tools and processes, pitch in and “get hands dirty” in small non-profit environment
- Collaborative working style, independent, detail oriented, ready to take ownership, self-starter
- Comfortable with new technologies and proficient with standard office products and software
This is a full-time position, working in the Newton, MA office and reporting to IFF's Chief Operating Officer.
InterfaithFamily offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health benefits and retirement savings plan. Relocation assistance possible.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume (no calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.