- To serve as a presence and create awareness of InterfaithFamily (IFF) in Chester County.
- To serve as a liaison for interfaith families in Chester County so that they can become more engaged in Jewish life and activities, both those of InterfaithFamily/Philadelphia as well as those already existing in Chester County.
- Develop relationships with people in Chester County who are in interfaith relationships and create awareness of IFF’s online and in person resources.
- Determine what type of programming would be of interest to people in interfaith relationships in Chester County and to help create, promote and facilitate such programs.
- Connect people in Chester County who are in interfaith relationships with Chester County synagogues and Jewish programs. Also (to a lesser extent) develop relationships with synagogue professionals and staff and Jewish lay leaders in Chester County and help make them aware of IFF and the resources we offer.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Attend all Chester County Kehillah events as a representative of InterfaithFamily/Philadelphia (e.g., for 2016 this would include: May 15 Rick Recht concert; June 26 5K; Hanukkah Program)
- Attend other Chester County activities, as appropriate, to build relationships with interfaith families
- Recruit Chester County subscribers to IFF/Philadelphia’s bi-weekly eNewsletter
- Network and meet (for coffee or in another setting) with people in Chester County who are in interfaith relationships to let them know about IFF programs and resources, find out what kind of programs they’re interested in, help connect them to the Jewish community, etc.
- Network and meet with Jewish professionals who work in Chester County to know what’s going on in the Chester County Jewish community and to be able to connect people in interfaith relationships to them
- Post and comment about what’s happening in Chester County in the IFF/Philadelphia Facebook Group and perhaps create an IFF/Philadelphia Chester County Parents Facebook Group
- Promote IFF and IFF/Philadelphia events on social media
- Create get togethers for people in interfaith relationships in Chester County (for example: a Friday afternoon pre-Shabbat playdate for moms and kids; meet-up to make candle sticks at a Paint Your Own Pottery place; holiday discussion group at a Frozen Yogurt shop; meet up at a synagogue Tot Shabbat, etc.)
- Organize, promote and attend Shabbat and holiday programming in Chester County (for example: monthly Shabbat dinners – which could be a potluck dinner at a participant’s home, a dinner in a room at a synagogue, or somewhere else; pre-Purim Hamantaschen baking; pre-Passover programming; High Holiday Basics program; meal in a Sukkah on Sukkot; Hanukkah party; etc)
- Work with synagogues and organizations to co-sponsor programs in Chester County, such as IFF’s Challah and Conversation; IFF and Challah for Hunger’s “Bake A Difference”; and pre-High Holy Day Apple Picking and pre-Passover program with jkidphilly
- Recruit interfaith couples in Chester County who would be interested in being Mentors and Mentees and work with IFF/Director to pair them up
- Weekly meetings with IFF/Philadelphia Staff (can be by videoconference) and/or with IFF/Philadelphia Director
- Keep track of meetings and interactions using CRM system
- Provide information to the Director and Project Manager to facilitate monthly reporting and tracking of goals
- Be able to provide on demand information on the status of follow-up with organizations and professionals
TIME: 10 hours/week
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required
- Experience in the Jewish community or with Jewish organizations is a plus
- Experience in outreach, marketing, communications and/or sales is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent people skills, phone presence, oral and written communications.
- Approachable manner and strong ability to engage with people.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and religion.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies.
- Excellent follow-through and organization skills and attention to detail; ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and volunteers; a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, and humor; willing to roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so to strengthen Jewish identity and community.
- Ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends.
This position is for 10 hours/week at $18-20/hour. This is a part-time contract position through December 2016, with the opportunity to become a regular part-time employee in 2017. This position reports to the Director of InterfaithFamily/Philadelphia.
InterfaithFamily is the premiere resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals, and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy, and other program providers; and our InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.