InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking to fill a part-time position as Program Manager for our InterfaithFamily/Bay Area program. Responsible for working closely with the Director of IFF/Bay Area, this position will help support all activities of the IFF/Bay Area office and take the lead on some projects, including developing partnerships with clergy and other local organizational leaders; connections with interfaith families; inclusivity trainings for Jewish professionals and lay leaders; and Jewish educational experiences for interfaith couples and families. This position is an opportunity to work in a dynamic organization that targets a growing and critically important segment of the Jewish community.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the San Francisco Bay Area Jewish community; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience with program planning and small group facilitation; comfort working with or ability to learn a variety of technical tools; and savvy with social media. We are seeking someone who is highly organized and collaborative, detail oriented, hands-on and who thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. This position will report to the Director of IFF/Bay Area while working extensively with a virtual nationwide staff and our headquarters in Newton, MA.
- Plan and execute meet-ups, Shabbat and family holiday programs for interfaith couples and families with young children.
- Create blog posts, Facebook posts and other social media information to publicize IFF/BA and the programs offered.
- Recruit local email newsletter subscribers.
- Create content for emails promoting our programs and services.
- Communicate with area clergy, educators and families to encourage them to make use of our Network, clergy referral service, and to participate in trainings, workshops and classes.
- Collaborate with Jewish professionals from partner organizations to plan and/or promote community programming for interfaith families and couples.
- Assist in personal responses to inquiries from couples looking for Jewish clergy to officiate at their weddings and other life cycle events in local area.
- Help represent IFF/Bay Area at community events and talk with interfaith families and professionals.
- Recruit and work with IFF/Bay Area volunteers.
- Recruit local Jewish organizations and professionals to list their programs on the IFF website.
- Keep abreast of current trends and challenges facing interfaith families.
- BA/BS required, MA is a plus.
- Experience in the Jewish community. Specific work with interfaith families is a plus.
- Strong project management and time management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent phone presence, oral and written communications. Ability to build trust with interfaith families and with the Jewish professionals who serve them.
- Experience with program planning and execution.
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience in marketing communications and/or sales is a plus.
- Excellent follow-through, responsiveness, and attention to detail; ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and volunteers both in the Bay Area, in the national office and the other regional IFF offices; willing to roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to approach professional situations with creativity, resourcefulness, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and religion.
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so in strengthening Jewish identity and community.
InterfaithFamily is the premier resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy and other program providers; and our InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities. InterfaithFamily/Bay Area is presented in partnership with The Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma counties.
How to Apply
This is a part-time position.
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.