THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking to fill a new full-time, high-level project manager position, Director of InterfaithFamily/Your Community (IFF/Your Community). The Director will be responsible for managing the expansion of the IFF/Your Community initiative to coordinate and provide comprehensive sets of interfaith engagement programs in IFF/Your Community locations, and for managing the activities of the IFF/Your Community locations (currently InterfaithFamily/Chicago and expected to soon include InterfaithFamily/San Francisco and InterfaithFamily/Philadelphia). The Director also will participate in recruiting additional IFF/Your Community locations.
Manage Expansion of IFF/Your Community Initiative
- Create and maintain an implementation and operations manual for IFF/Your Community locations.
- Hire, onboard and train staff for IFF/Your Community locations.
- Set goals for and manage work of staff of IFF/Your Community locations.
- Participate in recruiting new IFF/Your Community locations.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and on-demand internal reporting on all IFF/Your Community locations, using IFF's CMS, CRM and InterfaithFamily Network functionality.
Manage Local Project Activities
Manage and coordinate national and local staff to accomplish the following local activities:
- Relationship Building and Communications — develop strategic and programmatic relationships in IFF/Your Community locations, create a Community Page for each IFF/Your Community location on the InterfaithFamily Network, recruit local Jewish organizations and professionals to list themselves and their programs on the Network, recruit individuals to join the Network and subscribe to IFF's bi-weekly email newsletter, connect individuals with others who live near them or have similar interests including in groups on the Network, contribute localized content to the email newsletter, create and stimulate postings on a local discussion board, use social media to publicize local information and activities, and seek mentions and placement of articles in the local Jewish and secular press.
- Jewish Clergy Officiation Referral — provide personal responses to inquiries from couples looking for Jewish clergy to officiate at their weddings and other life cycle events, recruit clergy to the IFF referral list, assist clergy in forming groups on the Network of couples for whom they have officiated, and develop resources for officiating rabbis to give on a regular basis to the couples for whom they officiate.
- Resources and Trainings for Clergy and Program Providers — develop, schedule, and recruit clergy, other professionals and lay leaders to attend, trainings offered by IFF, and create affinity groups on the Network of training participants.
- Workshops for New Couples — schedule, recruit participants, and engage facilitators, for hybrid online/in-person Love and Religion workshops for interfaith couples, and maintain connection with workshop participants through groups on the Network.
- Classes for People in Interfaith Relationships — develop, schedule, recruit participants, and if appropriate engage facilitators, for hybrid online/in-person classes developed by IFF, including Raising a Child with Judaism in Your Interfaith Family and Preparing for a Bar or Bat Mitzvah in Your Interfaith Family, and maintain connection with class participants through groups on the Network.
- Build Local Support — report to stakeholders on performance against goals, recruit and manage IFF/Your Community location Advisory Councils, represent IFF/Your Community locations at conferences and meetings, and raise funds for IFF/Your Community locations.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required, MBA or MA is a plus.
- 5-10 years' experience in positions with significant management and goals responsibilities in the Jewish community working in or with Jewish organizations.
- Experience in development, marketing communications and/or sales is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent people skills, phone presence, oral and written communications.
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies. HTML knowledge a plus.
- Excellent follow-through, organization skills and attention to detail; ability to keep track of large number of "moving parts," keep track of and report quickly on multiple projects/interactions/activities; ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and volunteers; a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, and humor; willing to roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so in strengthening Jewish identity and community.
This is a full time position, working in Newton, MA. Some travel is required. InterfaithFamily offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement savings plan.
InterfaithFamily is the premier resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy and other program providers; and our new InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
How to Apply
Please email or fax cover letter and resume (no calls please) to:
email@example.com, fax: 617 965 7772
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.