Job Description: Director, InterfaithFamily/San Francisco
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking to fill a new full-time position as Director of InterfaithFamily/San Francisco (IFF/SF). The Director will be responsible for managing all activities of the IFF/SF project, to coordinate and provide a comprehensive set of interfaith engagement programs in San Francisco, the Peninsula, and Marin. The project involves the following goals and activities:
- Provide information about, and connect people in interfaith relationships with, local Jewish resources, and publicize and raise awareness that the San Francisco Jewish Community welcomes interfaith families by maintaining a central San Francisco Community Page and recruiting Jewish organizations, professionals, and programs to the IFF Network, and by blogging, using social media, and traditional PR.
- Provide a robust officiation referral service with personalized responses to build relationships, help officiating clergy maintain connection with couples, and help couples maintain connection with Jewish life and community.
- Provide resources and trainings to ensure that interested interfaith couples find a warm welcome from San Francisco Jewish organizations and professionals.
- Help new interfaith couples learn how to share religious traditions in their lives through a hybrid online/in-person workshop, Love and Religion.
- Help interfaith couples and families learn how and why to live Jewishly through hybrid online/in-person classes like Raising a Child with Judaism in Your Interfaith Family and Preparing for a Bar or Bat Mitzvah in Your Interfaith Family.
The Director will:
- Be supported by IFF national staff, consultants, and resources including IFF's extensive content, Network, officiation referral service, and trainings, workshops, and classes.
- Develop relationships with key San Francisco Bay Area stakeholders and the IFF Bay Area Advisory Council; represent IFF/SF at local conferences and meetings; and provide reporting to funders, the IFF Bay Area Advisory Council, and internally to IFF staff.
- Work closely to develop and offer programs in collaboration with current program partners at the JCCs in San Francisco, Marin, and the North Peninsula, with possible expansion to the South Peninsula and other areas.
- Supervise the project manager of IFF/SF.
- Conduct trainings, workshops, and classes and/or engage and supervise facilitators to conduct trainings, workshops, and classes.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BA/BS required, MA is a plus.
- Experience in the Jewish community working in or with Jewish organizations.
- Experience in marketing communications and/or sales is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and religion
- Excellent people skills, phone presence, oral and written communications.
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies. HTML knowledge a plus.
- Excellent follow-through, organizational skills, and attention to detail; ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and volunteers; a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, and humor; willing to roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so in strengthening Jewish identity and community.
This is a full time position, working in San Francisco and will be reporting to IFF's Director of the InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative. InterfaithFamily offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement savings plan.
InterfaithFamily is the premier resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy and other program providers; and our new InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
How to Apply
Please email or fax cover letter and resume (no calls please) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 617 965 7772
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.