Job Description: North Shore Ambassador, InterfaithFamily/Boston
InterfaithFamily (IFF) is seeking to fill a 10 hour a week position for the North Shore (NS) Ambassador, InterfaithFamily/Boston. The NS Ambassador will be responsible for building relationships with people in interfaith relationships and with the North Shore organizations and professionals that serve them, and supporting/participating in interfaith engagement programs and professional training opportunities in the North Shore of Boston, including building awareness of resources available in the Boston Jewish community.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with interfaith couples and families, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and comfort working with or ability to learn a variety of technical tools including Microsoft Office, our customer relationship management system (CRM), the InterfaithFamily Network, and online learning systems. This position will report to the Director of InterfaithFamily/Boston.
- Manage all grant goals, deliverables, and deadlines for North Shore part of IFF/B.
- Keep track of meetings and interactions using our CRM system. Provide information to the Project Manager to facilitate monthly reporting and tracking of goals.
- Build relationships and communicate with interfaith couples from the North Shore to connect them to each other and to programs and resources.
- Build relationships with professionals on the North Shore who work with interfaith couples and families. Work with program partners to support their programming.
- Present/participate in community meetings, events, and other activities to build relationships with interfaith families (including some nights and weekends).
- Create and facilitate social and learning opportunities for local interfaith couples and families to engage with each other and potentially local organizations and professionals who work with interfaith couples and families.
- Recruit North Shore Jewish organizations and professionals to list themselves and their events/programs on the IFF Network, in coordination with listings on JewishBoston.com.
- Recruit interfaith couples/individuals to join the IFF Network and subscribe to the email newsletter from IFF in partnership with CJP/JewishBoston.com. Personally communicate with those who join to ascertain their interests and needs.
- Work with the Project Manager to create and stimulate postings on a local Facebook group.
- Respond to and support individual inquiries about online services, including the email newsletter.
- Participate in training opportunities in collaboration with Director of IFF/B for Jewish professionals, clergy, and lay leaders on how to be welcoming to people in interfaith families.
- Work with the Project Manager to use Twitter, Facebook, and other social media channels to publicize/promote IFF/B and North Shore programs, as well as engage target audience.
- Write occasional blog posts.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required, rabbinic ordination and/or MA is a plus.
- Experience in the Jewish community or with Jewish organizations.
- Experience in outreach, community organizing, marketing, communications, and/or sales are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Approachable manner and strong ability to engage with people.
- Understanding of and respect for interfaith couples' decisions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent people skills, phone presence, and oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and religion.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies. HTML knowledge a plus.
- Excellent follow-through, organization skills, and attention to detail; ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and volunteers; a high level of energy, creativity, flexibility, and humor; willing to roll-up sleeves to get the job done.
- Personal commitment to furthering Jewish engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so to strengthen Jewish identity and community.
InterfaithFamily is the premiere resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals, and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy, and other program providers; and our new InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer. InterfaithFamily (IFF) provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, body configuration, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, or political belief. This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.
This is a part-time position located in Newton.
Send resume and cover letter to Stacie Garnett-Cook, National Director, InterfaithFamily/Your Community at firstname.lastname@example.org.