When my husband read an early draft of this essay, he asked, "Why doesn't her partner have to support our daughter? After all, they agreed to raise children as Jews." What does it mean to raise a Jewish child?
A great way for Jewish professionals and volunteers who work with and provide programming for people in interfaith relationships to locate resources and trainings to build more welcome into their Jewish communities; connect with and learn from each other; and publicize and enhance their programs and services.
Meet the day, overnight and specialty (arts, sports, technology, science) camp directors and register for Summer 2013 at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton!
JCC camp options for boys and girls from preschool to high school, with transportation from many locations in Greater Boston:
• JCC Grossman Camp
• JCC Kaleidoscope Creative Arts & Science Camp
• JCC Sports Camps
• Empow Learning (formerly icamp)
• JCC Early Learning Center preschool summer programs
• JCC School Vacation Programs
• JCC Maccabi Camp Kingswood
• JCC Maccabi Camp Kingswood Zohar special needs program
• JCC Maccabi Camp Kingswood Family Camp
• Camp K'tzat (just a little bit) of JCC Maccabi Camp Kingswood
Register on February 3 or March 24 and receive a $36 credit, per camper, for 2013 camp tuition with your deposit -- $50 if your child enrolls in two camps!
No charge for camp fair and open to the entire community. Interfaith families/individuals welcome.
For more information, visit bostonjcc.org/camp or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-244-5124.