When my husband read an early draft of this essay, he asked, "Why doesn't her partner have to support our daughter? After all, they agreed to raise children as Jews." What does it mean to raise a Jewish child?
A great way for Jewish professionals and volunteers who work with and provide programming for people in interfaith relationships to locate resources and trainings to build more welcome into their Jewish communities; connect with and learn from each other; and publicize and enhance their programs and services.
Join an inspired and diverse cadre of musicians and teachers for an exploration of the Torah of music and the music of Torah.
Through traditional sources as well as contemporary creative practices and perspectives, we’ll collaborate, create and contemplate music as a spiritual practice.
• Explore the music business and creative process with some of today’s most innovative and engaging Jewish musicians.
• Learn about marketing, concept-development and other music-industry tips.
• Engage prayer as music and music as prayer.
• Explore the social and spiritual implications of music for our communities.
• Enhance or develop new skills in songwriting, music theory, guitar playing, shofar blowing and more.
• Participate in open jams, nusach labs, user-friendly workshops in Jewish text literacy, poetry workshops and other skill-shares.
• There will also be evening performances by featured artists and a full-time jam studio.