The Palo Alto School for Jewish Education (PASJE) is an independent, non-profit Sunday school with classes from kindergarten through the eighth grade. Part of the Peninsula Jewish community for over 35 years, the school has helped create a positive sense of identity, culture, and heritage for hundreds of students and families.
PASJE families represent the rich diversity of Jewish expression and identity. Our school seeks to provide an environment in which all children and parents are comfortable. Our school includes:
• families seeking a Jewish education that emphasizes culture, history, ethics, and heritage
• families seeking a sense of Jewish community
• interfaith families
• single-parent families
• families temporarily in the Bay Area
PASJE was founded by parents and continues to be run by a parent board. The school is not affiliated with a synagogue. All parent are encouraged to attend board meetings and participate in decision-making.
The curriculum at PASJE reflects the school's goal of instilling a positive Jewish identity in our children through history, culture, tradition, and family celebrations of major Jewish holidays. PASJE classes meet once a week on Sunday mornings from 10 to noon, September through late May.
Organization : School/Education \ Supplemental Hebrew School
- Religion: Jewish - Unaffiliated, Transdenominational, Traditional, Just Jewish, Jewish Renewal, Secular Humanist, Progressive, Pluralistic, Orthodox, Converting, Conservative, Reconstructionist, Reform
- Community: San Francisco Bay Area