To Circumcise Or Not: That Is The Question
|Available in on-screen reading friendly (PDF) and printer-friendly, downloadable (PDF) versions.
For more booklets, visit our Booklets for People in Interfaith Relationships page.
Many couples have questions when it comes to their son's circumcision (brit milah).
- Why do Jews circumcise their sons
- Is it safe?
- Will my baby suffer?
- Wouldn't it be easier on the baby to have the circumcision done in a hospital?
- What happens at a circumcision?
- Can my parents participate in the ceremony?
- What if my parents aren't Jewish?
- Where does a brit milah take place?
And the biggest question, for many interfaith couples, is whether or not to have their sons circumcised.
Let this booklet help you and your partner consider the various reasons, answers, approaches, and responses to circumcision. Share the information with your families so that they too may understand what this ritual entails.