InterfaithFamily is the premier resource supporting interfaith couples exploring Jewish life and inclusive Jewish communities. We offer educational content; connections to welcoming organizations, professionals and programs; resources and trainings for organizations, clergy and other program providers; and our new InterfaithFamily/Your Community initiative providing coordinated comprehensive offerings in local communities.
If you have suggestions, please contact network at interfaithfamily dot com.
From The LGBTQ Archives: Community
Some of our favorite articles from the LGBTQ archive about the community around us, the Jewish community and creating community:
- In Between: personal narrative by a gay, Jewish man in an interfaith relationship describing how he has learned to see and feel comfortable with the grey area...
- Negotiating Identities: Queer Interfaith Couples Share their Stories: general information about interfaith gay and lesbian couples and their seeming nonchalance about being interfaith, an identity which is trumped by their queer identity.
- Jerusalem of Pink: news article about the LGBTQ pride parade in Jerusalem, sponsered by Love without Borders, Al-Fatiha Foundation for gay and lesbian Muslims, and the Keshet Ga'avah World Congress of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Jews.
- Bridging Differences in Gay and Lesbian Interfaith Partnerships: professional view from a gay rabbi about the special and differing needs and expectations gay interfaith couples have of synagogues.
- A Mixed Jewish-Catholic Couple Helps Win the Right for Same-Sex Marriages in Canada: news article about the first gay couple to be married in Canada — they were interfaith.
- A Prayerbook to Welcome Everyone: she got involved in the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender synagogue because she loves liturgy — and found a community committed to including her interfaith, straight family.