Odd Mom Out Returns & Ginnifer Goodwin's Baby NewsBy Gerri Miller
Find out who's guest starring on Odd Mom Out this season and get the scoop on Goodwin's new babe!Go To Pop Culture
This document is also available in an easy-to-distribute PDF format.
1. The most important thing is your relationship with your children and grandchildren, more important than the religion of the grandchildren. You need to give up whatever fantasies you had had of what your life as a grandparent would be like. Then you have to make the most of the reality that does exist.
2. It’s important to treat the child’s parents and their goals for their children with respect, so check out with your grandchild’s parents anything you want to do of a religious nature, to make sure it doesn’t conflict with their goals for their children.
3. Having a loving relationship with your grandchildren will predispose them to think well of your values and your religion. That loving relationship is the best thing you can do to help set the stage for transmitting your values to your grandchildren.
4. Even though your grandchildren belong to a different religion, you can still share your stories about your childhood and your memories, and that includes religious holidays, lifecycle ceremonies, etc.
5. Hopefully, even though your grandchildren don’t share your religion, they can share your religious holidays as a cultural experience.