Marriage and Relationships: Recommended Reading
Updated July, 2012
Our most frequently recommended books for interfaith couples:
- Friedland, Ronnie and Case, Edmund, ed. The Guide to Jewish Interfaith Family Life. Jewish Lights, 2001.
- Cowan, Paul and Cowan, Rachel. Mixed Blessings: Overcoming the Stumbling Blocks in an Interfaith Marriage. Penguin USA, 1989.
- A classic on interfaith marriage and raising children in a home where two different religions are practiced. Read our review.
- Crohn, Joel. Mixed Matches: How to Create Successful Interracial, Interethnic, and Interfaith Relationships. Fawcett, 1995.
- Glaser, Gabrielle. Strangers to the Tribe: Portraits of Interfaith Marriage. Houghton Mifflin Co., 1997.
- Kaplan, Jane. Interfaith Families: Personal Stories of Jewish-Christian Intermarriage. Praeger Publishers, 2004.
- Keen, Jim. Inside Intermarriage. URJ Press, 2006.
- Petsonk, Judy and Remsen, Jim, et al. The Intermarriage Handbook: A Guide for Jews & Christians. Morrow, 1991.
- Reuben, Steven Carr. A Nonjudgmental Guide to Interfaith Marriage: Making Interfaith Marriage Work. Prima, 1994.
Welcome to InterfaithFamily!
We want to know what you think of our resources. Take our User Survey now through November 22, 2013 and enter to win a $500 American Express gift card!