Marriage and Relationships: Recommended Reading
Updated July, 2012
Our most frequently recommended books for interfaith couples:
- Friedland, Ronnie and Case, Edmund, ed. The Guide to Jewish Interfaith Family Life. Jewish Lights, 2001.
- Cowan, Paul and Cowan, Rachel. Mixed Blessings: Overcoming the Stumbling Blocks in an Interfaith Marriage. Penguin USA, 1989.
- A classic on interfaith marriage and raising children in a home where two different religions are practiced. Read our review.
- Crohn, Joel. Mixed Matches: How to Create Successful Interracial, Interethnic, and Interfaith Relationships. Fawcett, 1995.
- Glaser, Gabrielle. Strangers to the Tribe: Portraits of Interfaith Marriage. Houghton Mifflin Co., 1997.
- Kaplan, Jane. Interfaith Families: Personal Stories of Jewish-Christian Intermarriage. Praeger Publishers, 2004.
- Keen, Jim. Inside Intermarriage. URJ Press, 2006.
- Petsonk, Judy and Remsen, Jim, et al. The Intermarriage Handbook: A Guide for Jews & Christians. Morrow, 1991.
- Reuben, Steven Carr. A Nonjudgmental Guide to Interfaith Marriage: Making Interfaith Marriage Work. Prima, 1994.
Welcome to InterfaithFamily!
We depend on readers like you to support the work we do online and in the community.