Scandal's Katie Lowes on marriage, plus news from HollywoodBy Gerri Miller
We talk with Scandal's Katie Lowe, plus news on Kate Hudson, Chelsea Handler & Jamie-Lynn Sigler.Go To Pop Culture
InterfaithFamily provides resources and trainings for synagogue staff; providers of after school and day school education; teen programming, camp, and college programming staff; providers of preschool education; JCC and cultural institution staff. We provide trainings in individual institutions, for groups of the same types of professionals from different institutions and/or affiliations, and in sub-regions of a community.
Collaboration is one of InterfaithFamily's deeply held values. We develop resources and trainings in complete collaboration with the professionals and organizations that will participate in hosting and helping to conduct the trainings. Where appropriate, we will develop and conduct trainings with other national and regional organizations and parent associations. We will also seek out, and gladly participate in, trainings offered by such other organizations.
A. Desired Outcomes
Our resources and trainings have a goal of institutionalizing a cultural change that recognizes the potential for positive Jewish engagement of interfaith families and encourages welcoming and engaging interfaith families. Practical tools will be provided to help make that welcome concrete.
We will help people in Jewish organizations:
A curriculum for each training, and a facilitator's manual for use of the curriculum, can be made available to you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn about interfaith families;
- Explore their own attitudes about interfaith relationships;
- Learn how to reach and to welcome people in interfaith relationships;
- Learn how to deal with common situations that arise in their type of organization.
B. Training Model Elements
Our basic model includes a training session and follow-up.
The training session includes the following elements:
Follow-up for trainings includes:
- Introduction/keynote/text study;
- Discussion/role play/exercises to reinforce learning;
- Action plans developed by participants for required changes in themselves/their institutions;
- Peer support through a group on the InterfaithFamily Network where updates on progress are publicized;
- Professional support by InterfaithFamily's staff.